Tien-Tao brings salvation to the Three Worlds:
- souls of the deceased in the Underworld, and
- deities in the spiritual world.
This special mission of Tien-Tao is very difficult to comprehend. Bringing salvation to mankind is similar to the goals of other religions.
Due to the change of spiritual forces in the cosmos, the Enlightened Teacher with Tien-Ming 1 is descended and the door to Tien-Tao is wide open; therefore anyone may have the opportunity to obtain Tien-Tao if he wishes
In regard to:
to the souls of the deceased in the Underworld,
we may learn from the legends of Monk Mu-lian rescued his mother and Princess Miao-shan rescued her father from Hell as described in Buddhist Sutras. Tien-Tao has brought salvation to innumerous souls of the deceased in the Underworld. This can be proved by lectures from the souls of the deceased who came to God’s Altar with Immortals or Buddhas through Fu-Iuan. 23
to the deities in the spiritual world
was never heard before. In human history, we have only learned that the deities will bring salvation to mankind, but not otherwise. During this Last Catastrophe in the Third Period, the spiritual world will destruct totally; hence salvation must be brought to the deities.
If a soul in the spiritual world wishes to ascend to the Heaven of Truth, he must devote a long period of practice or wait for a suitable opportunity. A suitable opportunity, for example, is when Tien-Tao is made accessible to all souls.
Once he received Tien-Tao, he ascends to Heaven of Truth. It is easier but longer to practice in Heaven; more difficult but shorter to practice in the human world.
one good deed in the human world
is worth more than
thousands of good deeds in Heaven.
Now that the Final Catastrophe is near, the spiritual world will also destruct.
Some deities in the spiritual world are not afraid to be dragged into seven emotions and six desires 28 in the human world so they risk themselves to be born in this world to receive Tien-Tao.
Those deities who do not wish to risk themselves in the human world may search for their relatives or friends in previous lives to be their Introducers and Guarantors of Tao to help them to ascend to Li-tien. 9,11
After receiving Tien-Tao, the deities can descend to God’s Altar to depict the Truth through Fu-Iuan. They will also clearly express their relationships with the Introducers and Guarantors of Tao in previous lives. This can be evidenced by lots of written lectures done by these deities through Fu-Iuan.
The following six questions and answers are devoted to explicit discussions of this subject.
23. What is the meaning of bringing salvation to the Three Worlds?
Tien-Tao can bring salvation to a great many worlds.
- Going up above, Tien-Tao can bring salvation to deities in the spiritual world.
- In this world, Tien-Tao can bring salvation to mankind.
- Going beneath, Tien-Tao can bring salvation to the deceased in the Underworld or Hell.
This is the meaning of bringing salvation to the Three Worlds.
24. How is salvation be brought to the deities in the spiritual world?
Now is the time for the Last Catastrophe of the Third Period to occur and the last of the three Buddhas to amass all souls; so salvation is made available to all Three Worlds.
For those practitioners of Tao in the past:
- who did not encounter the right time to be brought back to Li-tien 9,11 and
- those who were loyal to their countries,
- were filially devoted to their parents,
- women who adhered to widowhood, and
- women who died to defend their chastity,
how could they perish without recognition? So they became deities in the spiritual world. Since they were unable to receive Tien-Tao, they were not exempted from the cycle of birth and death and cannot restore their True Selves.
The Last Catastrophe
of the Third Period
is drawing near,
and Tien-Tao is now made available to all souls. Many deities are looking for Introducers and Guarantors of Tien-Tao by following Buddhas and Saints to God’s Altars, or by revealing themselves in miracles to those whom they have encountered in prior lives and now have received Tien-Tao.
Once these deities have found the Introducers and Guarantors, they can receive Tien-Tao and return to Li-tien. So they can forever transcend the cycle of birth and death. Thus, bringing salvation to the deities is more difficult than bringing salvation to humans.
25. How can one bring salvation to souls in the Underworld?
When a man lives in the world, filial devotion is his root of moral principle. The Book of Filial Devotion states:
“The ultimate filial devotion
is to bring recognition to one parent
by leaving an honorable name forever
through establishing good virtues and
If we would like to achieve perfect filial devotion, we should approach it in two ways.
- When our parents are alive, we must do our best to not to confront them and respect them with sincerity.
- Once they pass away, we must bring salvation to them so that their souls can transcend the cycle of birth and death and go to the Monastery of Heaven.
As a child or grandchild,
how can we bring salvation to the souls of
nine generations of ancestors and
seven generations of descents
in the Underworld?
The answer is one must be:
- tenacious in practicing Tao,
- establish good virtues,
- accumulate merits by doing good deeds, and
- keep the vows of adhering to Tao.
That is why there is the saying: