The Answers to the Truth
Table of Contents
Foreword by Elder Guo
Foreword by Ji-Gong Buddha
Part One: The Theories
- What is the true meaning of Tao?
- Tao’s Divinity.
- The relationship between Tao and mankind.
- What’s the Objective of Tien-Tao?
- I Ching first states Qian, Beginning, Cultivation, Reward, and Perseverance. What does it mean?
- What are Li-tien (Heaven of Truth), Qi-tien (Heaven of Spirit), and Xiang-tien (Heaven of Matter)?
- Why is that Qi-tien and Xiang-tien will have ends?
- All animals are created based on the Li-xing (the True Character). Why is mankind the dominion?
- What’s the meaning “Man and Heaven are united?”
- How does the phrase “After achieving center and harmony, the cosmos is in order and all things are cultivated” relate to our body?
- What is the meaning of transcending birth and death?
- How to distinguish the Li-xing (True Character), Qi-xing (Spiritual Character), and Zhi-xing (Material Character) of a human being?
- Why is there the distinction of Saints, Sages, and the ordinary among humans?
- Why is there the distinction of good and evil in human character?
- What are the soul, the three components of the Hun, and the seven components of the Po?
- What are the Animal Nature, Human Nature, and True Nature?
- What is karma?
- Does the cycle of birth, death, and rebirth exist?
- What is the meaning of the Last Catastrophe of the Third Period?
- What is the meaning of the statement “The golden rooster crows three times,” often mentioned in Scriptures and lectures?
- Why wasn’t Tien-Tao descended in the past until now?
- Why most believers are commoners even though Tien-Tao is the Truth?
- What is the meaning of bringing salvation to the Three Worlds?
- How is salvation be brought to the deities in the spiritual world?
- How can one bring salvation to souls in the Underworld?
- How is Tien-Tao transmitted to the souls of the deceased ancestors?
- What are the evidences that salvation is brought to the soul of the deceased when they receive Tien-Tao?
- Once the souls of the deceased received Tien-Tao, where would they go?
- What is the explanation for the statement “The five great religions are One?
- Among the five religions that came from the same Truth, which one is the most sublime? Should a practitioner of Tao emphasize any particular religion?
- The Three Vehicles of Dharma?
- What are the five virtues, the five disciplines, and the five elements? Are they all the same Truth?
Part Two: The Heritage
- What are the four difficult and precious factors of receiving Tien-Tao?
- What is a Yuan-zi (an “original child”)?
- Why is Heaven called the Western Heaven and Earth the Eastern Earth?
- The Heritage of Tao.
Part Three: The Questions
- Why should one with a kind heart still receive Tien-Tao?
- What is the first thing to do for those who received Tien-Tao and wants to advance?
- What are the effects after one received Tien-Tao?
- Can the effects of receiving Tien-Tao be proven?
- Should one become a vegetarian after receiving Tien-Tao?
- Is it a sin if one does not practice Tao after receiving Tien-Tao?
- Why can’t Tien-Tao be explained first then be transmitted?
- Even though Tien-Tao is true, why are there so many non-believers?
- What is the meaning of “If one can understand One, Two and Three, one can learn to become an Immortal?”
- What are the meanings of “predestined to encounter” and “chance to participate?”
- How can one accumulate merits after receiving Tien-Tao?
- Why there are slanders even though Tien-Tao is true?
- Why would practitioners of the true Tao still face tests?
- To receive Tien-Tao is good, but won’t worshiping God be superstitious?
- Can one worship God and pray for blessing?
- Is there any reason why we use the left hand to offer incense and always place the first incense in the middle?
- Why it is so common that whenever a person receives Tien-Tao, he dedicates himself at the beginning but eventually becomes lax?
- If one receives Tien-Tao but still has not rid of his sinful practices, how should we exhort such person?
- Why is it that as the state of practice advances, the practitioner of Tao faces tests of the devil in ten folds?
- If a person sins when he is young but repents and practices Tao in his old age, can he attain Tao?
- Can a lifelong vegetarian who has done many good deeds but violates his vows and turn back from vegetarianism in his old age still attain Tao?
- Can a person who lacks knowledge and wisdom improve knowledge and wisdom by practicing Tao?
- Should a practitioner of Tao be afraid of birth and death?
- Sex exhausts the vitality. Why doesn’t Tien-Tao prohibit sex?
- People eat similar food, why are some always sick while others hardly ever get sick?
- Drinking, being lustful, greed, anger, and smoking damage the body and soul. Why are they so difficult to eliminate?
Part Four: The Practice
- What is the difference between the Tao of Heaven and the Tao of Mankind? Which one should be practiced first?
- What is the meaning of “He who attains One is a Saint?”
- What are the practices of going with and going against the flow?
- Why is “wisdom” the True Self and life of a person?
- The practice of Tao is endless. Is there any easy method for a beginner to follow step by step?
- What is the practice of Gong-fu?
- What is the meaning of reflecting one’s aureole inward?
- What is the explanation for “Once where to rest is known, the direction of practicing Tao is set. Once set, one can be tranquil. In tranquility, one can reveal his True Nature. With the True Nature, one can be pure. Being pure, one can attain Tao.” in The Great Learning.
- The Gong-Fu of cultivating oneself.
- What is the meaning of “I has neither thought nor purpose. When it is extremely quiescent, it has supernatural inspiration.” in I Ching?
- What is “The method of freeing oneself from shackles?”
- Taoism has a mystic practice of “Three times Five.” What is it?
- What does “Three Flowers cluster in the ‘tripod vessel’ and five Qi faces the origin” mean?
- What are “the body is empty”, “the heart is empty”, “the soul is empty”, and “the Dharma is empty”?
- What are the meanings of “The eyes, ears, nose, and tongue are the Four Ministers, also known as the Four Thieves,” and “No image of the self, the others, the living, and life” in Buddhist Sutra?
Part Five: The Explanations
- What is the meaning of “Constantly guard the six doors and don’t let the soul pass by.” in Scriptures?
- What is the meaning of “Tao embryo is a mystic union of the True Self from Wu-ji and the essence of Two times Five.” by Zhou-zi and “That receives yang becomes a male; and yin, a female.” in I Ching?
- How can one explain “essence and manifestation” and “origin and terminal” in Scriptures?
- Among all the Scriptures and Sutras, which one is the best and worth studying?
- The meaning of mercifulness.
- What is the “ferry to God’s kingdom?” Can it be seen?
- There are many religions nowadays, but are they all “ferry to God’s kingdom?”
- What is a wise man?
- What is a fool?
- What is a lost person?
- What is an awakened person?
- What is the meaning of the vow “Let God punish me with thunders?”
- What’s the meaning of the essence passed on from Emperor Yao to Emperor Shun “The Human Nature is precarious; the True Nature is obscure; be refined and be one; be amenable and uphold the center.”