Have you at one time or another asked yourself this question – Who Am I?
If you have, then I congratulate you. Why? There is a high possibility that you have been cultivating spiritually, one time or another in your previous life. That is why this question pops up because your unconscious mind may still recall remnants from your past.
You are aware that you are more than what you see…that the current you are not the ‘real’ you…that you may have a higher purpose than just another human being that exists in this world.
Or are you here to discover who you really are, hence – Who Am I? Anyway, it shows that you have some spiritual roots.
Do you want to know more? Read further.
Does Almighty create the human?
If you have read my article on the Universe and our Solar System, you may have an understanding that everything that is in space is created by Almighty or a Creator. It is too organized to be a random creation. One thing for sure, human definitely does not create it.
Just think, the sun, the moon, the mountains, rivers, seas, sky, oxygen, plants, water and etc are what living beings need to survive on this planet Earth (the only one) of the Solar System. The land animals (including) human, the birds, the fishes, the insects and who knows what else, all live here together on this Earth.
By the way, who is the first human in this world? The greatest scientist will not be able to answer this question. The most, their answers are hypothesis at best and they usually do not accept any unscientific answer (especially from the religious bodies).
Some religions gave the answer but again, the origin is not clear-cut depending on what religion you embraced. Even though the origin is quite different but most state that ‘Almighty’ created human and everything else that our eyes can see.
“The LORD God formed the man from the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living being” (Genesis 2:7)
The above is taken from the Holy Bible. Temporary, we put aside our religious differences. I just want to bring to your attention the “breath of life”.
Without this, the man is just a lifeless clay figurine, nothing more than the dust of the ground. What is this ‘breath of life’ in our current context? Is it what we call soul or spirit?
If it is so, there is a ‘separation’ between being and soul. The being becomes alive only when the soul exists inside it and it is lifeless without the soul.
The human body alone is a miracle. It is so complex with the brain, bones, muscles, blood vessels, various systems and the nerves all working together as one. There is even a joke titled:
Three engineering students were discussing the possible designers of the human body.
One said: “It was a mechanical engineer. Just look at all the joints.”
Another said: “No, it was an electrical engineer. The nervous system has thousands of electrical connections.”
The last said: “Actually it was a civil engineer. Who else would run a toxic waste pipeline through a recreational area?”
Yes, the ‘creator’ of the human body is really a genius. It is really a wonder, a miracle, a masterpiece.
Do you agree with the above?
Is There Proof of Soul or Spirit?
Some people call it soul and some call it spirit and other calls it the unconscious mind. For easy reference, I am just going to refer it as soul, a form of energy – the breath of life given by Almighty.
There is a Chinese saying that goes something like this, “A body without a soul is called a corpse”.
How about proof of reincarnation? You can check it out at YouTube in “6 Creepy Kids Who Remember Their Past Lives“.
I do not know how genuine the videos are, so view it with caution. It may or may not be real. However, it is a fact that not many people believe or know about the spiritual realm. To them, these are all superstitious or hocus-pocus that is meant to scare us to toe the line, to control us or to make money out of us.
There is a Chinese book written with regards to souls suffering in hell. A sage was instructed to accompany a man’s soul to journey to the underworld and record down whatever the man see or hear with the intention of cautioning human beings.
The book was translated into English and the title:
It takes two (2) years (the journey start from 8th September 1976 to 30th July 1978 – not continuously) to complete the book because it took them so long to accomplish the mission.
It is up to you to believe or not but for me the advice that was given by the sage and the underworld’s officers/masters are noteworthy and food for thought; for contemplation and spiritual elevation.
I have a gut feeling that these are not make-up stories even though there are people saying otherwise. If you read with an open mind, you may learn a thing or two about the spiritual realm. The question I have is:
What if…I say what if…whatever written in that book are real and not stories?
Is it a message from above to forewarn us before we ‘destroy’ this Earth and ourselves?
Now, lets us further delves into this by looking at the famous “The 12 Universal Laws“.
The 12 Universal Laws:
1) Law of Oneness – everything in this world is connected to everything else. Anything we believe, think, do, or say affects the world and the universe around us.
2) Law of Vibration – everything in the Universe vibrates. This law holds true in every aspect of life – this physical world, our thoughts, feelings, desires, and dreams. Each sound, thing, and thought has its own unique vibration frequency.
3) Law of Action – different action manifests different results, depending on our thoughts, dreams, emotions, and words. As such we must engage in actions that support those thoughts, dreams, emotions, and words.
4) Law of Correspondence – our outer world is a direct reflection of our inner world. This law takes us out of the victim role, making us the sole creator of our life – we are fully responsible for our own life.
5) Law of Cause and Effect – nothing happens by chance or outside the Universal Laws. Every action and thought have their appropriate reaction or consequence.
We reap what we sow.
6) Law of Compensation – is the Law of Cause and effect applied to blessings and abundance that are provided for us. The visible effects of our deeds are given to us in gifts, money, inheritances, friendships, and blessings.
7) Law of Attraction – creates things, events, and people that come into our lives, through our thoughts, feelings, words, and actions. These thoughts and actions are energy that we place out to the world that in turn attracts similar energies. Negative energy will attract negative energies and positive energy will attract positive energies.
8) Law of Perpetual Transmutation of Energy – we all have within us the power to change the conditions in our lives. Higher vibration consumes and transforms lower ones; thus, we can change the energies in our lives by understanding the Universal Laws and applying the principles in such a way as to effect change.
9) Law of Relativity – when we encounter challenges, it will strengthen the energy within us if we learned to solve the situations. If we compare our problems to other peoples’ problems it will place everything into its proper perspective. No matter how bad we perceive our situation was, there is always someone who is in a more difficult position than us, making it all relative.
10) Law of Polarity – nothing is one-sided; everything contains its opposite.
Any action has an equal and opposite reaction; forces come in pairs.
We can suppress and transform undesirable thoughts by concentrating on the opposite pole resulting in a desirable change.
11) Law of Rhythm – everything vibrates and moves to a rhythm. Each rhythm establishes seasons, cycles, stages of development, and patterns. Each cycle reflects the regularity of the universe. To master rhythm we must rise above any negative parts of a cycle.
12) Law of Gender – it is the Yin (feminine) and Yang (masculine) of life, making them the basis for all creation. This law decrees everything in nature is both male and female. Both are required for life to exist.
Who comes up with the above laws?
Are there any other laws that can be considered universal?
Do you agree with the laws listed? If not, why?
I am no scientist and also no philosopher. My shallow understanding of the above is that for every action and thought, there is a corresponding reaction or effect.
Our soul, and as a matter of fact everything else, is a form of energy, it cannot be destroyed, hence perpetual. It can transmute based on the action or deeds that we had taken.
Everything happens for a reason
The principles in the Universal Laws matches a majority of the messages in the book “Journeys to the Underworld”.
So? What is my answer to the question:
Who Am I?
The soul or the ‘breath of life’ is the ‘real’ us. Our body is just a vehicle, a mean or effects due to our past actions or deeds.
Why did I say that? Please continue to read my next article on “Reincarnation – A Myth (1)?“.
Kindly add your insight or your understanding of – Who Am I? – in the comment box.
Thank you for reading.